Skip to main content

What makes the day?

We all wonder sometimes about the current state of our minds. How is it that I am so sad in spite of things going the way they were when I was happy? Are my hormones showing hyperactivity or is it something else? Why am I so ecstatic? I do not take any drug apart from the usual nicotine in the bed tea. Am I in love?

It is when we rule out all these possibilities; we cease to think about it any further. Since I am not a worthwhile thinker, I continue with these swings of my grey cells.

Mother says, "It’s the food you are consuming". Could be a reason, but, she has a philosophy for everything with which I do not concur almost every time.

When I was a teenager, I used to feel the same way. In fact these feelings were stronger then. But I was told that these are traits of the teenager. But, teen age is long gone… stone age.

These days I think its one of those good times when I sense happiness for no possible explanation. I think this has a lot to do with how one wants to feel when one gets up in the morning. If you deliberate your feelings in a particular way, the day turns out to be of the same nature. We can test it by a small experiment.

After you wake up, think about all the major good things that have happened to you. Think about the things that you have planned and you are determined that you will achieve if you put the required labour from your side. Think about all your good friends you have earned in you life. This will start your day on a good note. Make sure you work out in the mornings… at least a bit…. One always needs it. This will make you fit and boost your confidence.

Make the first conversation of the day very cordial, polite. It could be romantic or humorous conversation also.

One can argue that doing these every day is not practical and may, in due course, lead to add to your woes.
However, I believe this is one way to go about it and certainly not the only one.

There are a lot of other things that one can do to as they say, "MAKE THE DAY".

I am not a natural preacher and this is certainly not one of 'Tell the world how to live' fundas. Rather, this is something that I want to do myself. Being the guinea pig, I certainly feel the experiment works. Let's see how does it sustain the pressure of the cruel world.

Comments

Most Viewed

Gumnami...

गर गुमनामी का यूँ इश्तहार न देते हम, तुमसे रूबरू होने की हर गुंजाईश खो बैठते

True worthless answers

We do not know how to not understand. To be able to be in balance with our mysterious surroundings, we attribute everything beyond our comprehension to something that we can live with. When we made up the story of God, we found comfort in mystery and ignorance. By making Him responsible for everything, we seasoned ourselves not to look for answers all the time. The quest being less intense, we get on with our lives…unperturbed. Our forefathers who found religion in the beginning were indeed intelligent. Those who were dumb to fall for god and the like were not capable of finding the answers anyway. The revelation of my religious orientation should have been gradual and less cruel. But I just could not control the urge to dramatically deny what I don’t believe in. There is another theory which perfectly explains practice of religion by the most intelligent and bright people. They probably understand why it is absolutely necessary to be foolishly optimistic of His existence. It appe

Arz kiya hai

गर चाशनीयों में बस्ता है ज़िन्दगी का जायका क्यूँ भला परहेज़ न रखें हम नम्कीन्यों से