Skip to main content

A permanent halt to wandering.... Naah.. not yet

Never knew this intriguing phase will be in my life so soon. Marriages abound, proposals doing the rounds, friends getting married.

I was never the one who would fantasize about the day I get married. I never dreamt about the "gal" who would rock my world. Instead, other dreams took precedence. Dreams like playing cricket for India, becoming a movie star,, going for a world tour et al..

It would seem that I am lagging behind in the race of getting hitched. I guess it is time I have a plan in place. Either find a girl who would succumb to my eccentric appeal ;) or completely rule out the option of marriage until it is forced upon me.

It would only be appropriate to choose someone whom you know as your partner. But I am in huge dilemma. Either that or the traditional arranged fashion of taking the vows.

In a way, I am grateful to my own incompetence in academics that I am not a 'settled' man yet which does not compel me in making any decisions… yet..

But that does not restrict people from telling wonder tales about heavenly marriages and successful love stories …which lead to further agonies. How will I ever know if I am ready and that my partner is the one? What is worrisome is that I am the one who should be confident and propose. I really wonder if that is ever going to happen. Why don't gals propose and spare us the torture? Irrational chivalry.

For now, I am happy being able to afford to worry about my career only. Hope good sense comes to my rescue at least once in my life when I make THE decision.

Comments

Most Viewed

Gumnami...

गर गुमनामी का यूँ इश्तहार न देते हम, तुमसे रूबरू होने की हर गुंजाईश खो बैठते

True worthless answers

We do not know how to not understand. To be able to be in balance with our mysterious surroundings, we attribute everything beyond our comprehension to something that we can live with. When we made up the story of God, we found comfort in mystery and ignorance. By making Him responsible for everything, we seasoned ourselves not to look for answers all the time. The quest being less intense, we get on with our lives…unperturbed. Our forefathers who found religion in the beginning were indeed intelligent. Those who were dumb to fall for god and the like were not capable of finding the answers anyway. The revelation of my religious orientation should have been gradual and less cruel. But I just could not control the urge to dramatically deny what I don’t believe in. There is another theory which perfectly explains practice of religion by the most intelligent and bright people. They probably understand why it is absolutely necessary to be foolishly optimistic of His existence. It appe

Arz kiya hai

गर चाशनीयों में बस्ता है ज़िन्दगी का जायका क्यूँ भला परहेज़ न रखें हम नम्कीन्यों से